Happy Waterlily Wednesday!! Last, but certainly not least, meet Courtney!! Courtney is the talented and creative mind behind our Bashfully Beautiful Blog...and our super cute in-house model. She is responsible for bringing our blog to life week after week whether its sharing her favorite music, spotlighting a new brand or introducing you guys to the crew here at Waterlily. We absolutely love Courtney and are so lucky to have her as part of the team!
Learn more about her...
1. How did you get into fashion? My mom has always been really fashionable. She’s my best friend + role model, so I always wanted to be just like her, and loving fashion came with that. I started working in boutiques when I was 18, not really ever knowing that fashion could be something I could actually pursue. During college I studied health services, but I couldn’t deny my love for something more creative. And here I am!
2. What was your first job? I was an ice cream scooper at everyone’s favorite local ice cream shoppe, Hoffman’s! It ruled!
3. What is a typical day like for you at Waterlily?
It really depends on the time of year. Lately, I’ve really been focusing on pumping up our blog. I generally start the day chatting with either Abbey or Catherine or our graphic designer, Mallory. We collaborate ideas and figure out a direction we’d like to take for our upcoming week or month. And then I get busy researching/writing for the blog! When UPS stops in, I’ll take a break from the inevitable writer’s block, to unpack new arrivals. I’ll then merchandise the floor with the new product. My day is a mix of a lot of creative projects which I absolutely love.
4. How would you describe your style?
My style is ever-changing. Some days I’ll be girly with florals and prints, other days I’ll wear something totally different. I never know what I’m going to feel. I love wearing something with embellishment and adding texture on top, like a leather jacket or a fur coat.
5. What is your favorite item in your closet?
I have a Love and Liberties top that I bought at Waterlily. It’s really romantic and sheer with an insanely beautiful crochet hemline. If I could, I’d wear it everyday!
6. Favorite blog…
My favorite blogger is Sonya Esman, from Class Is Internal. Her style is flawless.
7. What is your favorite way to spend your free time?
I usually spend a lot of my free time in Philly hanging out with my boyfriend, Josh, and my friends. We’re always trying out new restaurants and walking aimlessly around the city on nice days. I really love the cute stores and coffee shops they have at every corner. I also spend lots of free time drawing- I’ve always loved the place it puts me in, and the final project is rewarding!
8. What are three things you can't live without?
With the obvious family and friends aside, I couldn’t live without Thai food, occasional rain showers and puppies!
9. If you were a song what would you be?
Origins by Tennis
10. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
I’d love go to the Blue Lagoon in Iceland- it looks magical!