Whether you plan on ringing in the New Year prancing around the city in fur and sparkles or in a cozy house surrounded by good friends, be sure to show 2016 your best style. Dazzling in head to toe sparkles is always fun. But, don't feel the need to step out of your comfort zone if you're not into all of the glitz. Here are just some of the goodies we have in store, for both the sparkle lover and bohemian beauty.
Our Free People Verushka dress is absolutely stunning in this muted lilac lace. It is super girly and will look extra cute twirling on the dance floor.
It's such a beautiful sight to see- a myriad of wrapped gifts under the glowing tree, each package oozing the personality of the giver. I love the idea of giving a present to someone special that embodies their personal style, wrapped in something that expresses my own personal style. Such a cool concept! At Waterlily, we happily offer complementary wrapping for a Waterlily Wonderland under the tree for her!
P.S. How adorable is this Em Mini Dress by Show Me Your Mumu in the Bohemian Bouquet print?
Shop the dress here!
You have been invited to a holiday party. Awesome! But wait... You can't show up empty handed... You've been known to burn everything you bake... You can't sew... And you don't want to bring something that will end up collecting dust. What are you going to bring?! Don't worry, Waterlily is going to make the gift of giving a little less stressful and a lot more fun- the way it should be!
Let's get giving!
Rock + Roll Glam
Paint the town with this little bag on your shoulder. This black crossbody packs a lot of punch. Accented with a gold concho for a midwestern vintage feel.
The laser cut detail on this oversized tote is not the only reason why we love this bag so much! Style meets practicality, reverse for a solid navy blue leather exterior. Big enough to fit everything a city girl would need.
Which bag would work best for you? Let us know, we'd love to hear!
If you haven't heard the majestic music by Wild Belle, I seriously suggest you get in your car, put on their album Isles, and drive. Wild Belle is made up of two musically blessed siblings, Elliot and Natalie Bergman. They make soulful rock indie music with a reggae twist. It's amazing. On top of it, Natalie totally kills it when it comes to style.
This Chicago native has a serious flare for fashion. Bergman is the type of girl who scores at flea markets and makes it look effortlessly cool. She incorporates some really awesome vintage pieces into her outfits. A magical voice and sweet style... Can I be her?
Photos taken from Natalie Bergman's Instagram: @nataliebergman
Click below to follow us on Spotify
Crunchy leaves. Bonfires. Warm colors. Suede. Oversized blankets. Autumn is such a magical time of year. As the crisp cold air creeps in, my skin tends to get pretty dry and I am one of those people that are constantly cold. Therefore, it's time to whip out the Five Fall Essentials.
1. Sweaters, sweaters, sweaters- This is probably a given. But sweaters are the ultimate Autumn go-to. And because of this, we tend to wear them until they are ragged and shabby. So treat yourself to a practical every day sweater when Fall comes around. It's justified- you'll live in it for 5 months straight! My favorite is this Fairisle Free People oversized sweater. Here are a few of my other favs we have in store now. Manon Sweater , Intarsia Drape Cardi , Pablo Sweater
2. Lafco Candle in Ski House- HOLY MOLY, this candle smells insane!! It's like a dreamy Vermont getaway in a log cabin, cozied up next to a fire. If you are into warm scents, I couldn't recommend this one enough. The notes: sandalwood, leather and spruce. Fill your home with this scent here.
3. Booties- Whenever I am not feeling my outfit, whether it be a casual dress or jeans and a tee, I throw on my booties and instantly love the look. They add such style and personality to your outfit. You can have fun with a printed pair like these Matisse Nugent leopard booties or rock something like these incredible Howsty Tahira embroidered booties.I am so in love with the Howsty booties because they have such a cool story behind them. The Spanish brand's hallmark is the Kilim fabric. Kilim is a handmade tapestry, so no two booties will be the same. How cool!?
4. Leather Jacket- I personally like mine without all of the bells and whistles. I get so much use out of my leather jackets each season. And they last forever! I LOVE the fit of this jacket by Velvet.
5. Mac Strobe Cream- This moisturizer is magic in a bottle. When cold air strikes, my skin loses the bright glow that I lust after. I put heaps of this on whether I'm wearing makeup that day or not. My skin literally transforms as soon as the cream touches my face. It's packed with vitamins and green tea, to which I owe the instant brightening effect. This product is seriously next level. Get a bottle here!
What are your Fall Essentials? We'd love to hear! Let us know in the comments.
We are feeling the laid back, bohemian vibe this week. With new deliveries from Jen's Pirate Booty, Tularosa, Sol Angeles & Gypsy 05 - these are some of our favorite picks. Everything is super cute and super wearable.
Clockwise: 1. Jen's Pirate Booty Fiesta Janis Crop 2. Sol Angeles Tiny Dancer Tee 3. Hudson's Taylor Flare Jeans 4. Acacia's Florence One Piece 5. Dolce Vita's Allura Sandals 6. Citizen of Humanity Ava Shorts in Echo wash
Some people live for the weekend, my family lives for vacation. And after the winter we endured in New Jersey we were more than ready to get away.
We traveled to Barbados for the first time this past April. And we fell in LOVE! There is just something about the island and it's people. It's wonderful mix of British roots and island living that gives Barbados a friendly, laid back vibe.
We rented a house on the South Coast across from Freight's Bay. Freight's Bay is a great beginner/ longboarder surf break, with amazing views of the South Coast.
One of our favorite beaches was within walking distance. Miami Beach (also known as Enterprise Beach) is a nice sandy beach with public bathrooms, lots of shade and a food truck with sodas and beers to boot.
Another one of our favorite beaches was at Carlton Bay also known as Pebbles Beach. This beautiful bay is home to amazing snorkeling and tons of turtles. It also had the perfect knee high waves for our kids to surf. So we spent the majority of our vacation in waste deep, crystal clear water pushing our little guys into endless pint sized waves. It couldn't have been more perfect!
Some things to keep in mind if you are traveling to Barbados.
- The weather is usually Sunny with passing clouds or rainshowers and temps ranging in the low to mid 80's
- Barbados has it's own currency, but most businesses accept both Bajan money and US. The breakdown is approx. $1 US dollar = $2 Bajan.
- They drive on the left in Barbados. Many of the streets are not marked so be prepared to stop and ask directions.
If you do book a trip to Barbados, plan on eating at least one meal at Oistin's Fish Fry. Oistins is a small fishing village on the South Coast not far from where we stayed. The town is famous for its open air fish market as well as it's Friday night fish fry. Hundreds of people flock to the small town on Friday nights to sample local fresh fish dishes featuring flying fish, mahi, tuna, swordfish, lobster and more. There is also music and some of the most amazing break dancing I have ever seen. Totally worth the trip - but get there earlier that we did because it gets VERY crowded!
One of our favorite restaurants not to be missed is The Surfer's Bar in South Point. The is a VERY laidback beach bar with amazing views and even more amazing food. It's no frill, but that is the way we like it so it was a perfect spot for us!
Another one of my favorite things about Barbados was the beautiful colors and unique details of the Bajan chattel houses. Some of these modest chattel houses date back to the mid 1800's when plantation workers has to be able to move from plantation to plantation and take their house with them. Newer chattel houses are more notable for their ornate details and bright colors.
Barbados has many things to offer for all different styles of travel. You can do luxury in a big way or you can travel like we did on a budget. Whatever works for you, Barbados has lots to offer.
If you can't tell - we have fallen in love and will definitely be going back. So stayed tuned for a follow up post some time in the future.