Whether you plan on ringing in the New Year prancing around the city in fur and sparkles or in a cozy house surrounded by good friends, be sure to show 2016 your best style. Dazzling in head to toe sparkles is always fun. But, don't feel the need to step out of your comfort zone if you're not into all of the glitz. Here are just some of the goodies we have in store, for both the sparkle lover and bohemian beauty.
Our Free People Verushka dress is absolutely stunning in this muted lilac lace. It is super girly and will look extra cute twirling on the dance floor.
Crunchy leaves. Bonfires. Warm colors. Suede. Oversized blankets. Autumn is such a magical time of year. As the crisp cold air creeps in, my skin tends to get pretty dry and I am one of those people that are constantly cold. Therefore, it's time to whip out the Five Fall Essentials.
1. Sweaters, sweaters, sweaters- This is probably a given. But sweaters are the ultimate Autumn go-to. And because of this, we tend to wear them until they are ragged and shabby. So treat yourself to a practical every day sweater when Fall comes around. It's justified- you'll live in it for 5 months straight! My favorite is this Fairisle Free People oversized sweater. Here are a few of my other favs we have in store now. Manon Sweater , Intarsia Drape Cardi , Pablo Sweater
2. Lafco Candle in Ski House- HOLY MOLY, this candle smells insane!! It's like a dreamy Vermont getaway in a log cabin, cozied up next to a fire. If you are into warm scents, I couldn't recommend this one enough. The notes: sandalwood, leather and spruce. Fill your home with this scent here.
3. Booties- Whenever I am not feeling my outfit, whether it be a casual dress or jeans and a tee, I throw on my booties and instantly love the look. They add such style and personality to your outfit. You can have fun with a printed pair like these Matisse Nugent leopard booties or rock something like these incredible Howsty Tahira embroidered booties.I am so in love with the Howsty booties because they have such a cool story behind them. The Spanish brand's hallmark is the Kilim fabric. Kilim is a handmade tapestry, so no two booties will be the same. How cool!?
4. Leather Jacket- I personally like mine without all of the bells and whistles. I get so much use out of my leather jackets each season. And they last forever! I LOVE the fit of this jacket by Velvet.
5. Mac Strobe Cream- This moisturizer is magic in a bottle. When cold air strikes, my skin loses the bright glow that I lust after. I put heaps of this on whether I'm wearing makeup that day or not. My skin literally transforms as soon as the cream touches my face. It's packed with vitamins and green tea, to which I owe the instant brightening effect. This product is seriously next level. Get a bottle here!
What are your Fall Essentials? We'd love to hear! Let us know in the comments.
The idea of throwing on a pair of boyfriend jeans and instantly looking effortlessly chic sounds awesome, right!? That is, until you find yourself blankly staring into your closet, waiting for the perfect outfit to jump out at you, and finding nothing. Sometimes I feel the same way when searching through the fridge for a snack- but I digress! You close the closet doors..take a moment.. open them up again.. and much to your dismay, still nothing.
Fitted jeans are great and all, but sometimes you want to mix it up. Whether you are looking for an outfit that screams comfortable & casual streetwear or something that is more polished & feminine, the bf jean just might be the perfect way to freshen up your look.
The golden rule of slouchy jeans is to pair it with a tighter top. You can always add a fitted jacket to create that illusion. I also suggest cuffing your jeans to elongate your legs. The best cuff is a little messy for a lived in look. Do one deep fold with another on top- creating layers & texture!
The Comfortable + Causal Look: Emulate the laid back vibe with a distressed bf jean. Any type of sneaker or flat shoe will compliment the outfit- the Arizona Birkenstocks are super popular and, *bonus*, feel like slippers. To pull this look off, make sure to cuff the bottoms of the jean to expose the ankle. Pair with your trusty tried-and-true top. I absolutely adore how this Language tank brightens up the look. The Lisette Top makes for a fabulous summer top. Just in case it gets chilly, layer with a sweater or leather jacket. Throw on your go-to bag and you're out the door!
Left: Language Velvet Top in turquoise, Arizona Birkenstocks in silver, AG Beau jeans, Esuka bag in chestnut. Right: Calypso St. Barth Lisette Top in salt, Arizona Birkenstocks in white, AG Beau jeans, Monserat de Lucca bag in grey silver.
The Girly + Flirty Look: No matter the type of bf jean, distressed or polished, the feminine-boyfriend look can always be achieved. For our two looks below, we went with the Blue Ridge Emerson jean by Citzens of Humanity. The best way to complete the look is by adding a heel. The possibilities are endless, from a strappy sandal to a classic pump, whatever style best suits you. As always, cuff the bf jean (remember: legs, legs, legs!). For a soft romantic look, try adding a girly patterned blouse- like this Kimmie Floral top or the Silk Laceup top. Complete with glam accessories and...Voila! You've mastered the cool-girl-boyfriend look!
Left: Yumi Kim Floral Kimmie top in love potion, Citzens of Humanity Blue Ridge Emerson jean, Dolce Vita Whittney Boot in Black. Right: Gypsy 05 Silk Laceup top, Citzens of Humanity Blue Ridge Emerson jean, Noon Designs Earrings, Free People Sacramento Clog.