It’s such a reward to work in a place surrounded by amazing people and wonderful influences. A few weeks ago, we happily introduced you to Catherine, one of the two awesome owner’s of Waterlily. This week, we would love for you to get to know the other half of the perfect pair, Abbey.
The first thing I think when I think of Abbey is creativity and art. She has such a creative mind. She is inspired. She is colorful. She is imaginative. She is innovative. The list seriously goes on. It’s so fun watching her revamp the store, she makes it look easy! Abbey recently took a trip to Bali with her husband, Adam, and her creative juices got flowing. She is planning another exciting trip back to Bali, with her focus on Waterlily- be on the look out for some incredible things happening within the stores this summer!
Abbey cherishes her time spent with her husband and their adorable little sons, Trevor + Finn. They are the ultimate beach family!
Take a further look into Abbey’s life:
It's such a beautiful sight to see- a myriad of wrapped gifts under the glowing tree, each package oozing the personality of the giver. I love the idea of giving a present to someone special that embodies their personal style, wrapped in something that expresses my own personal style. Such a cool concept! At Waterlily, we happily offer complementary wrapping for a Waterlily Wonderland under the tree for her!
P.S. How adorable is this Em Mini Dress by Show Me Your Mumu in the Bohemian Bouquet print?
Shop the dress here!
You have been invited to a holiday party. Awesome! But wait... You can't show up empty handed... You've been known to burn everything you bake... You can't sew... And you don't want to bring something that will end up collecting dust. What are you going to bring?! Don't worry, Waterlily is going to make the gift of giving a little less stressful and a lot more fun- the way it should be!
Let's get giving!
Rock + Roll Glam
Paint the town with this little bag on your shoulder. This black crossbody packs a lot of punch. Accented with a gold concho for a midwestern vintage feel.
The laser cut detail on this oversized tote is not the only reason why we love this bag so much! Style meets practicality, reverse for a solid navy blue leather exterior. Big enough to fit everything a city girl would need.
Which bag would work best for you? Let us know, we'd love to hear!
If you haven't heard the majestic music by Wild Belle, I seriously suggest you get in your car, put on their album Isles, and drive. Wild Belle is made up of two musically blessed siblings, Elliot and Natalie Bergman. They make soulful rock indie music with a reggae twist. It's amazing. On top of it, Natalie totally kills it when it comes to style.
This Chicago native has a serious flare for fashion. Bergman is the type of girl who scores at flea markets and makes it look effortlessly cool. She incorporates some really awesome vintage pieces into her outfits. A magical voice and sweet style... Can I be her?
Photos taken from Natalie Bergman's Instagram: @nataliebergman
Click below to follow us on Spotify
Crunchy leaves. Bonfires. Warm colors. Suede. Oversized blankets. Autumn is such a magical time of year. As the crisp cold air creeps in, my skin tends to get pretty dry and I am one of those people that are constantly cold. Therefore, it's time to whip out the Five Fall Essentials.
1. Sweaters, sweaters, sweaters- This is probably a given. But sweaters are the ultimate Autumn go-to. And because of this, we tend to wear them until they are ragged and shabby. So treat yourself to a practical every day sweater when Fall comes around. It's justified- you'll live in it for 5 months straight! My favorite is this Fairisle Free People oversized sweater. Here are a few of my other favs we have in store now. Manon Sweater , Intarsia Drape Cardi , Pablo Sweater
2. Lafco Candle in Ski House- HOLY MOLY, this candle smells insane!! It's like a dreamy Vermont getaway in a log cabin, cozied up next to a fire. If you are into warm scents, I couldn't recommend this one enough. The notes: sandalwood, leather and spruce. Fill your home with this scent here.
3. Booties- Whenever I am not feeling my outfit, whether it be a casual dress or jeans and a tee, I throw on my booties and instantly love the look. They add such style and personality to your outfit. You can have fun with a printed pair like these Matisse Nugent leopard booties or rock something like these incredible Howsty Tahira embroidered booties.I am so in love with the Howsty booties because they have such a cool story behind them. The Spanish brand's hallmark is the Kilim fabric. Kilim is a handmade tapestry, so no two booties will be the same. How cool!?
4. Leather Jacket- I personally like mine without all of the bells and whistles. I get so much use out of my leather jackets each season. And they last forever! I LOVE the fit of this jacket by Velvet.
5. Mac Strobe Cream- This moisturizer is magic in a bottle. When cold air strikes, my skin loses the bright glow that I lust after. I put heaps of this on whether I'm wearing makeup that day or not. My skin literally transforms as soon as the cream touches my face. It's packed with vitamins and green tea, to which I owe the instant brightening effect. This product is seriously next level. Get a bottle here!
What are your Fall Essentials? We'd love to hear! Let us know in the comments.
Award show season is one of my favorite things. I love watching the pre-show red carpet arrivals to see what all of the stars are wearing. The Grammy Awards aired Sunday night and some of the dresses were amazing. Here are a few of my favorites from the night!
Gwen Stefani wore an Atelier Versace jumpsuit that to me looked like a work of art. I loved it!
I'm a sucker for gold, and I think Kim Kardashian looked amazing in her Jean Paul Gaultier gown...I'm loving her haircut, too!
I don't know much about Rita Ora, but she looked awesome on the red carpet in her silver sequined gown.
Beyonce looked stunning in a custom made Proenza Schouler dress, and kept it simple with her hair and makeup!
What do you think? Who were your favorites on Sunday, and who do you think could use a new stylist??
Last week we went on a little excursion to shoot a lookbook for some of our new fall product! We had so much fun with our models, Maura and Annie, who also happen to be sisters...not a bad looking gene pool, huh?
The girls were such good sports having to do quick changes in the middle of the parking lot, not to mention wearing jackets and sweaters on a 90 degree day! We all left with scratches on our legs and fears that we would wake up with poison ivy all over, but it was definitely worth it! We hope you enjoy this little behind the scenes glimpse into our day, and would love for you to check out the lookbook on the website!