Whether you are a believer of creating goals after the post-party apocalypse on 01/01, or you find the whole "new year, new me" concept a stretch, there's always time to work on improving yourself. Personally, I enjoy the idea of a fresh start with each new year. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that I am going to change over night. But, I do find this to be a good time to reflect on the past year and work on moving forward and making positive changes. Keep in mind, we can do this at any point in our lives. So if you decide you want to make a change on any given Tuesday, by all means- go for it! I've read other blogs that have inspired me to create a short list of my own. Maybe this will ignite a spark of inspiration for you too!
1. Word of the year. I saw a quote from (this) blog say that rather than making resolutions, they choose a word for the year. I like this concept because it goes hand in hand with the law of attraction: if you believe it, dream it, think of it enough, you will inevitably obtain what you are after. My word? Positivity.
2. Dive into hobbies. Sometimes we are so wrapped up in our everyday rituals that we forget to take time for ourselves. The first few interests that came to my mind are the ones I have decided to focus on first: drawing, photography, yoga and graphic design. Once I add these hobbies into my ritual, I'll be happy to add more to my list. Hobbies are what make you, you! Find yours!
3. Prepare for the next day. This always slips my mind. Night time rolls around and i'm snug as a bug in a rug and remember that I should prepare lunch for tomorrow or pick out my outfit. And then I tell myself "I'll just wake up early". And then what do ya know, I slept in and am scurrying in the morning.
Whether you plan on ringing in the New Year prancing around the city in fur and sparkles or in a cozy house surrounded by good friends, be sure to show 2016 your best style. Dazzling in head to toe sparkles is always fun. But, don't feel the need to step out of your comfort zone if you're not into all of the glitz. Here are just some of the goodies we have in store, for both the sparkle lover and bohemian beauty.
Our Free People Verushka dress is absolutely stunning in this muted lilac lace. It is super girly and will look extra cute twirling on the dance floor.
It's such a beautiful sight to see- a myriad of wrapped gifts under the glowing tree, each package oozing the personality of the giver. I love the idea of giving a present to someone special that embodies their personal style, wrapped in something that expresses my own personal style. Such a cool concept! At Waterlily, we happily offer complementary wrapping for a Waterlily Wonderland under the tree for her!
P.S. How adorable is this Em Mini Dress by Show Me Your Mumu in the Bohemian Bouquet print?
Shop the dress here!
Rock + Roll Glam
Paint the town with this little bag on your shoulder. This black crossbody packs a lot of punch. Accented with a gold concho for a midwestern vintage feel.
The laser cut detail on this oversized tote is not the only reason why we love this bag so much! Style meets practicality, reverse for a solid navy blue leather exterior. Big enough to fit everything a city girl would need.
Which bag would work best for you? Let us know, we'd love to hear!
Crunchy leaves. Bonfires. Warm colors. Suede. Oversized blankets. Autumn is such a magical time of year. As the crisp cold air creeps in, my skin tends to get pretty dry and I am one of those people that are constantly cold. Therefore, it's time to whip out the Five Fall Essentials.
1. Sweaters, sweaters, sweaters- This is probably a given. But sweaters are the ultimate Autumn go-to. And because of this, we tend to wear them until they are ragged and shabby. So treat yourself to a practical every day sweater when Fall comes around. It's justified- you'll live in it for 5 months straight! My favorite is this Fairisle Free People oversized sweater. Here are a few of my other favs we have in store now. Manon Sweater , Intarsia Drape Cardi , Pablo Sweater
2. Lafco Candle in Ski House- HOLY MOLY, this candle smells insane!! It's like a dreamy Vermont getaway in a log cabin, cozied up next to a fire. If you are into warm scents, I couldn't recommend this one enough. The notes: sandalwood, leather and spruce. Fill your home with this scent here.
3. Booties- Whenever I am not feeling my outfit, whether it be a casual dress or jeans and a tee, I throw on my booties and instantly love the look. They add such style and personality to your outfit. You can have fun with a printed pair like these Matisse Nugent leopard booties or rock something like these incredible Howsty Tahira embroidered booties.I am so in love with the Howsty booties because they have such a cool story behind them. The Spanish brand's hallmark is the Kilim fabric. Kilim is a handmade tapestry, so no two booties will be the same. How cool!?
4. Leather Jacket- I personally like mine without all of the bells and whistles. I get so much use out of my leather jackets each season. And they last forever! I LOVE the fit of this jacket by Velvet.
5. Mac Strobe Cream- This moisturizer is magic in a bottle. When cold air strikes, my skin loses the bright glow that I lust after. I put heaps of this on whether I'm wearing makeup that day or not. My skin literally transforms as soon as the cream touches my face. It's packed with vitamins and green tea, to which I owe the instant brightening effect. This product is seriously next level. Get a bottle here!
What are your Fall Essentials? We'd love to hear! Let us know in the comments.